El Salvador

El Salvador

Address:

Elder Garrett Markham
El Salvador San Salvador East Mission
PO Box #3362
San Salvador, El Salvador
Central America

garrett.markham@myldsmail.net

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Another change...and hopefully rain soon.

Hey everyone! 

Well another change has come and gone. They go by so fast! I don't know what will be happening this change because my companion is going to train so I'm pretty sure I'm going to have changes. We will get the call tonight. Nothing too exciting or crazy happened this week....which is kinda odd for El Salvador. Just a kid stopped us in the street asking where we were from and what are we were doing and what was in our bags. But that happens every once in a while. The days get hotter and hotter and I don't know if I will survive if they send me to the east because it is way hotter! The rain will come in about a month, so there's all these giant bugs that sit up in the trees and make noises all day. My companion says that they do that before it rains, then as it starts to rain they all die and fall out of the trees. This week was fast and testimony meeting in church and Alex got up to bare his testimony! It was one of the best ones I've ever heard! And he's only known the church for about 6 or 7 weeks! You could tell he was pretty nervous at first but after a bit he was fine. He also got his (baptism) certificate and he seemed to be super happy about that! I miss and love you all so much! 

Love Elder Markham

**Fast and testimony meetings are the first Sunday of the month where church members fast 24  hours (2 meals) and give money for the meals that they missed to their ward Bishop for those in need.  And the members can choose if they want to stand and bare witness of their testimonies of Jesus Christ during Sunday worship service, instead of assigned talks given.

No comments:

Post a Comment