El Salvador

El Salvador

Address:

Elder Garrett Markham
El Salvador San Salvador East Mission
PO Box #3362
San Salvador, El Salvador
Central America

garrett.markham@myldsmail.net

Monday, September 14, 2015

A Year Done! Half way there....Garrett feels like he's running out of time!

Hey Everyone!

Christmas is here!!!! Ever since the beginning of September the stores have been preparing to sell their Christmas stuff haha.

But anyway, this week was super awesome until Friday night...we had emergency changes and my companion and our district leader got sent home. So now I'm with Elder Hale for now in his area. We are trying to still visit the people in my area preparing for baptism but it makes everything super difficult. We've tried leaving to visit with the people in our branch but there isn't very many, and they haven't been able to go out with us. We at least got a new Companion this morning so now we are in a trio and hopefully it will be easier to leave with just one of the Brothers in the ward. Besides that, not much has been going on differently. We're going to have Orlando's raffle tomorrow to help him get some money to take out his passport so we can have him get married and baptize him next week. 


Also tomorrow is independence here and hopefully it will be super sweet! It's kinda like they are going to celebrate me completing my first year in the mission because this Thursday the 17th of September is one year in the mission! It's gone by too fast! And everyone says that the second year is always way faster which worries me because I feel like I don't have time to get done all I need to!!!! Well I gotta get back to work haha. I love and miss you all so much!

Love Elder Markham

Garrett LOVES to go to the Temple!

Elder Nelson leaving their conference

This kids name is Tonito.  He came up to me one day and asked me for a tie. So I gave him this grey one, and now he wears it every day to church....it's also already got a ton of stains and stuff. But he's only 8 haha

Now those are some pupusas. the giant one is called a pupusa loca and it's full of just a TON of stuff. Definitly my favorite so far!

Garrett says "everyone and their dog" has one of these pet birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment