El Salvador

El Salvador

Address:

Elder Garrett Markham
El Salvador San Salvador East Mission
PO Box #3362
San Salvador, El Salvador
Central America

garrett.markham@myldsmail.net

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Garrett loves being a missionary!

Hey Everyone!

This week was pretty crazy! Tuesday morning I got a call saying that I was receiving a new missionary that was leaving the mtc that day! So....I'm training again! Except he's right out of the mtc. His name is Elder McHaley from South Jordan Utah! He's great! We were able to find some more good investigators this week. Orlando is doing great but we weren't able to get enough money for him so we are still waiting and can't have his baptism this weekend but he's still enduring! 

I completed my one year mark Thursday so to celebrate I read the first chapter of "Jesus the Christ" haha. The mission rule is that you can't read it until after one year in the mission. But that was about it. I haven't gotten sick but every once in a while I start to fill weird, then I started thinking that maybe I needed a voo du blessing from JJ...do you think you could throw one my way JJ man? 

I really love the study time in the morning we have to really search the scriptures. My faith has strengthened so much! I know that Jesus is the Christ and that only through Him can we be saved. Many people don't understand how the atonement actually works but I'm so grateful for this chance I have to help them understand it. Many people don't accept but there's no other place I'd rather be! I love it here and I love being a missionary! I love and miss you all!

Elder Markham

PS quick funny story...on the way here I saw a place called Grandpas bakery...they always name stuff here in English. Now I'm not sure about the details behind it...and there's nothing against you Grandpa...but wouldn't it sound better if it was Grandmas? haha maybe that's just me

No comments:

Post a Comment