El Salvador

El Salvador

Address:

Elder Garrett Markham
El Salvador San Salvador East Mission
PO Box #3362
San Salvador, El Salvador
Central America

garrett.markham@myldsmail.net

Monday, November 23, 2015

A new area with lots of hills, and Garrett's testimony of the Savior.

Hey Family!

So this week was kinda hard and long. But first let me tell you about my area a little bit more. It sits on the side of a mountain so all we do is walk up huge hills and walk down huge hills. And we do that about all day looking for people to teach. The members here have helped us a lot! One family brought their friend to church and he's already gone to church two times and is obeying the word of wisdom! He should get baptized here pretty soon. His name is Leonel. But when we aren't teaching....we're walking... But at least I might be able to get my big strong legs back?? 

We also still don't have a house so that's a big problem. We are still living in the next area over. I gave a talk in church this week. It doesn't really feel like giving a talk in church because we have a small branch so it's more like teaching a class. This week we met an older lady that lives with her sons and a few grandchildren. She is super sick and can't really talk much. We taught her about faith and blessings. Then we were able to give her a blessing which was a super spiritual moment. And when we had finished she was crying and said thank you and just sat there for a bit. Then she said that her only wish is to be healthy like she was before and be able to talk like before. I thought a bit about how we are all going to be healed after this life and that we all will be blessed with a perfect body but only through the love of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that He lives and that He paid the price for our sins. I know that all things will be made right through Him. I am so grateful for the blessing He's given me to be here preaching the Gospel. There's no other place I'd rather be. I love and miss you all so much!

Love Elder Markham

No comments:

Post a Comment