El Salvador

El Salvador

Address:

Elder Garrett Markham
El Salvador San Salvador East Mission
PO Box #3362
San Salvador, El Salvador
Central America

garrett.markham@myldsmail.net

Monday, November 9, 2015

Garrett is practically a Latino!

Hey everyone!

It's been going great here in Santo Tomas! So I have already been here for 5 months and I'm here for at least one more month because changes are this week but I don't have changes! Just my companion. This change is only going to be for 4 weeks because it was going to end too close to Christmas. But the next change is 8 weeks. I will be here for at least 6 months and if I have to stay the next change I will be here until February haha. 

Carlos Jimenez went to church again and loved it! We found out this week that he's not married so we will have to help him get married before the 8th of December. That's his baptism date. He hasn't drank coffee or alcohol and he just needs to keep going to church and get married and he will be good to go! He is such a great guy! We also found a few new investigators that were super happy to have us come in and visit them. They are a young couple and their names are Iris and Rene. They said that they need help with where they are and are super willing to listen to us. They had a ton of questions for us so it helps us know that they really want to change. 

I can't believe Christmas is already coming!!! Thanksgiving doesn't exist here at all soooo....but hey! This week we were walking down one of the passages and there was a family setting up some Christmas lights outside their house so we stopped by to help them out! It felt so good to hang up Christmas lights! But...it wasn't the same because it was about 90 degrees and so I wasn't freezing. But there are tons of trees up and everything haha. I have to go but I love you all and miss you so very much! 


Love Elder Markham

**Garrett gave a talk in church yesterday and a guy told him he was pretty much a Latino because his Spanish is so good.  He only gave Garrett two things to change: 

Garrett:  "I would say todos de nosotros, trying to say all of us, but it's only todos nosotros. Then he said I said mas que when I'm supposed to say mas de. He says it's not a big deal because every missionary does it" haha

No comments:

Post a Comment