El Salvador

El Salvador

Address:

Elder Garrett Markham
El Salvador San Salvador East Mission
PO Box #3362
San Salvador, El Salvador
Central America

garrett.markham@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Preparing for another baptism...and soccer balls...

Hey Family!

So I don't have too much time but let me tell you about Israel. His mom has been a member for a few years now. But last Sunday she came up to us and asked if we could help her son prepare for his baptism. We said yes, but then she told us that he just turned 9....I couldn't really believe if she was serious or not. But it looks like we will be having another baptism next week! 

The other day we went to his house to teach him but first he wanted to play a little soccer with me. We started kicking it back and forth and then I kicked it and it went past him and started rolling down the hill. He started to chase it then he stopped while it kept rolling. I wondered why he stopped. But it rolled down a steep hill so I didn't see where it went exactly. I said that my companion and I would get it but when we got to the hill, it turned out to be a cliff! I KICKED A 9 YEARS OLD KIDS BALL OFF A CLIFF! I felt bad and said I'd buy him another...since they only cost 25 cents. I bought him one two days later and he was in love with it. The next day I saw him and he started to tell me that a dog took his ball. Then his mom said that he was playing with it and a huge pit bull came by and ran off with it and Israel started to cry. I told him I'd get a new one.

I cant wait to talk to you all on Christmas! I love and miss you all!

Love Elder Markham

No comments:

Post a Comment