El Salvador

El Salvador

Address:

Elder Garrett Markham
El Salvador San Salvador East Mission
PO Box #3362
San Salvador, El Salvador
Central America

garrett.markham@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Teaching and singing....

Hey Family!

It was a crazy week getting ready for this week. The choir is doing better. I think after this last week of practice before the meeting on Saturday with Elder Cook we will be ready to sing like angels! We are singing "The Day Dawn is Breaking" and another hymn that I can't remember what it's called in English. This Wednesday we are going to have a worldwide conference through the Internet! A few general authorities are going to talk to us. I'm not sure who but I'll let you know! Then on Sunday we will have another stake conference with a few from the 70. 

This week was a little hard with the lessons but the few we were able to get in went very well. During the lesson with the Hernandez Family I felt like just asking the mom if, at this point of the lessons, she wanted to get baptized. She said that the only thing for right now is that she can't understand the book of Mormon. We said that we will explain it and help her through it. It was great because now we have a little better idea of what's keeping them from getting baptized. The husband hasn't been at home, but we've been able to visit them with some members. Also, yesterday, a family brought another friend to church. I guess she went to church with the missionaries before but wasn't able to get baptized. We will visit her this week and start teaching her with them and I hope that we will be able to get her baptized here in a few weeks.

I am so grateful for all that you guys do and all your prayers! I love you so much!

Love Elder Markham

These are some pictures sent to me from a friend of Garrett...Aldo Garcia!  I'm so thankful that Garrett is getting plenty to eat!!  It helps Momma's heart feel better...







No comments:

Post a Comment