El Salvador

El Salvador

Address:

Elder Garrett Markham
El Salvador San Salvador East Mission
PO Box #3362
San Salvador, El Salvador
Central America

garrett.markham@myldsmail.net

Monday, November 17, 2014

Still Learning Spanish...and just call him Colipoki

Hola Familia!

This week was great! We are teaching more people and got a few baptism dates. There are times where I feel like I can speak Spanish and other times where I feel like I can't. I can talk pretty well with my companion about gospel stuff and that's pretty cool. But during stake conference this week I didn't understand a single thing. But I can still talk with a few people about other things. I know its getting better and it just takes time. Tons of little kids are always asking me, how do you say this in English...how do you say this? it's funny. At times I forget my name because no one here can say Markham. Its marrcun. So my companion tells them its like bacon...don't ask why but it doesn't even help anyways. So most of the members just call me colipoki from the other side of heaven.I feel like a giant here too. Everyone points and likes to compare their height with mine.

This week we found more investigators! We now have 12 new ones! Its great! We are inviting our investigators to visit the temple with our president on December 20th!

I love you all and miss you!

Love Elder Markham
Garrett's teacher (in front) and his companion at the MTC

Sunset from the MTC in Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment