El Salvador

El Salvador

Address:

Elder Garrett Markham
El Salvador San Salvador East Mission
PO Box #3362
San Salvador, El Salvador
Central America

garrett.markham@myldsmail.net

Thursday, March 12, 2015

A more dangerous area to teach...but big lizards to eat! And LOTS of Pictures!

Hey Family!
So I had transfers this week. I'm now in Soyapango. My actual area is called Paleca 1. I don't have a whole lot of time, but here's a little about my area. I'm super happy because my companion is from Guatemala! They are always my favorite missionaries. So he's super cool. It's still pretty hot here but there are bigger lizards that are pretty cool to see crawling around. The people love to eat them. I'm still looking for my chance to get a big bite of one. There's a sweet lemon tree in our backyard. The only problem with this area is that we have to be in our house by 6:00 p.m.. I don't know why because this area seems to be way more calm then my last area. But if the President feels that way then I guess it's for a reason. This letter is quick so that I can send some pics. I love you and miss you all!
Love Elder Markham



This is from Garrett's first area that he was just transferred from.

Some ooey-gooey chocolate cake made for Garrett by the sweet Zepeda family.  One of his favorite desserts from home!

Garrett, Elder Custodio (trained Garrett) and Elder Golden (trained Elder Custodio)

Garrett's new companion from Guatemala Elder Mansilla

Garrett's new kitchen

Garrett's backyard lemon tree

Garrett's pila...."Yes Mom, we wash our dishes in there"

Garrett has a home gym! He's actually very excited about it since he can now do more than just pushups! I hope he doesn't get a sliver in his hiney!


No comments:

Post a Comment