El Salvador

El Salvador

Address:

Elder Garrett Markham
El Salvador San Salvador East Mission
PO Box #3362
San Salvador, El Salvador
Central America

garrett.markham@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Excited to watch General Conference!

Hey!
So I'm sorry I'm writing a little late again. We came to write this morning but nothing was working.
We had the baptism for Alex this weekend! It was just another great baptism and he chose the Bishop to baptize him. He is super excited about the church and has sacrificed so much! I don't have tons of time this week but I hope everyone is doing well back home. I'm so excited for General Conference this weekend! I can't wait to hear what the prophets have to say to us this time. The mission has really helped me find more meaning for GC. It's my first in the field! It seems like yesterday when we were watching it in the MTC! Luckily there's another Elder from the states in my district so hopefully we can watch it in English in the office haha. But I will miss the cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate. Maybe I can find something here but the people here just eat the same sweet breads haha. I hope you guys are able to enjoy it too! I have to go but I love and miss you all!
Love Elder Markham

** General Conference is a biannual conference that is broadcast on TV that we watch the first weekends in April and October.  It is on cable channels and BYUTV.  Our church leaders speak about issues of our times and give instruction for following the Savior.  The Mormon Tabernacle Choir and other choirs perform musical numbers and it is a wonderful weekend to spend together as families!  The 5 sessions are 

Saturday 9:00 am to 11:00 Pacific time
Saturday 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm Pacific time
Saturday 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm (Priesthood session for men)

Sunday 9:00 am to 11:00 
Sunday 1:00 pm to 3:00 

No comments:

Post a Comment