El Salvador

El Salvador

Address:

Elder Garrett Markham
El Salvador San Salvador East Mission
PO Box #3362
San Salvador, El Salvador
Central America

garrett.markham@myldsmail.net

Monday, October 12, 2015

Alma 30:41

Hey Everyone!

Today was another crazy week! First, on Tuesday, we had a multi zone conference. It was really good. We talked a lot about helping the less actives. They showed us some crazy numbers. There's about 130,000 members in El Salvador and there's three missions here. So there's about 45,000 members in my mission more or less. But the crazy part is that only 6,000 go to church. There are 34,000 less actives that live in my mission, not even a fifth go to church! That was the big thing we talked about for the most part. Then we talked more about our investigators with baptism dates and stuff. But after the whole thing we ate a super great lunch that a member in my last ward made. I was only in the area for 6 short weeks and I haven't been there since the spring time. But he still said, HI ELDER MARKHAM?! HOW ARE YOU DOING?! haha it was awesome, and he makes great food! So something I forgot to mention about my companion is that he doesn't eat very much at all...so every meal he gives me whatever he doesn't eat. haha

Then we had to go back to the big city of San Salvador on Wednesday and Thursday for two different things. That makes about 50 times I've gone there these past few weeks. I pretty much live there now. And we for sure will have to go back here soon because I've almost been here for a year now and after a year we have to go back to migration. I just don't know when for sure. I'm just glad that I live pretty close and not on the other side of El Salvador. 

We did a few other services this week and found some awesome new people to teach. We visited one guy named Walter and his awesome family. They said that if we ever need anything then to just call them. He even said on pdays we can go to their house and use their computers. Then he asked if we wanted to talk to our families on skype? As he was getting up to get his computer I had to explain about the rules. It was funny though. But when we set a new visit for tonight he said that he was going to get pupusas for us haha. 

Just to finish I finally found the scriptures that helped me gain my testimony. It's in Alma 30 but mostly verse 41. I love it so much. I also tried the thing where you write a scripture and keep it somewhere you can see it. This week I picked D and C 136 29 If thou art sorrowful, call on the Lord they God with supplication that your souls may be joyful! I love and miss you all!!!

Love Elder Markham

No comments:

Post a Comment