El Salvador

El Salvador

Address:

Elder Garrett Markham
El Salvador San Salvador East Mission
PO Box #3362
San Salvador, El Salvador
Central America

garrett.markham@myldsmail.net

Friday, October 9, 2015

"I love the work here in El Salvador! It is the greatest thing ever!"

Hey Family!

This week was a crazy week...so we started off Tuesday with a meeting in President's house because that's when all the news (new missionaries) came and since he was supposed to come with the news, President told us to come. We were there all day and it was nice because we had air conditioning, delicious food, and all the new people thought I was amazing because I could speak Spanish and I had been in the mission for a year. Then Wednesday morning my companion had to go home so the APs took us to the airport to drop him off, then we went to the change meeting. And I was called to train...again...haha and I got my new companion Elder Holmes. He's from Utah and he's right out of the mtc so he doesn't know any Spanish yet. He's also a nice quiet guy but he's doing pretty well!

General Conference was awesome! I loved it so much. We got to listen to three of the sessions in English and we listened to 2 in Spanish. I love listening to the words of the prophets! What was I thinking before when I didn't care much to pay attention?! Haha I really loved the one about having the spirit and doing all the little things that sometimes we don't think are important. I went right home afterwards and cleaned up my desk! 

Sadly we are having more problems with Orlando's paper work. I guess the stuff that the other Elders took out expired so now we have to take them out again! I'm not sure how long it will take or how much it will be but we will find out this week when Orlando calls his friend in Guatemala. Hopefully it wont take that long.

Last night we had an awesome experience with finding a new investigator. We were looking for a guys house but couldn't find it. We asked a guy that was in his house if he could help us but he didn't know either so we just talked to him and just a few short seconds later we were in his house sharing a lesson. It was a great powerful lesson and he really liked it. His name is Victor and he's only 22. He lives alone and stopped going to church a little bit ago. He seemed to really like it because he says he wants to invite a few of his friends on Saturday to listen to us too! I love the work here in El Salvador! It is the greatest thing ever! I love and miss you all at home!

Love Elder Markham

"It's Oregon in El Salvador!" says Garrett (raining)

No comments:

Post a Comment