El Salvador

El Salvador

Address:

Elder Garrett Markham
El Salvador San Salvador East Mission
PO Box #3362
San Salvador, El Salvador
Central America

garrett.markham@myldsmail.net

Monday, February 15, 2016

A hard week, but loving the work!!

Hey Family!

I don't have too much time this week so I will tell you real quick what we did. 

Well my companion was sick all week so I had to spend all week trying to get the members help us that we could get a little work done. The problem is that everyone was working. We had a few good lessons and found a few new people. But it sure was hard. Friday we got everything ready for our activity we did this Saturday and Sunday. We had an open house in our stake center. The missionaries taught different things in different rooms. I was Nephi and I talked about the Book of Mormon! It was so cool because I got to dress up and everything. I was also able to see the Zapeda Family, and since they knew I was going to be there they brought my a huge bag of pan dulce haha. Then I also got to see Orlando and his family. His family still hasn't been baptized yet but the missionaries there say that he's sure awesome and strong in the church. When he saw me he gave me a big hug and wrote my name on his hand haha. We did this Saturday andSunday. It was awesome because we had tons of people there! And everyone said that they loved it! 

There's also a family in our ward that I guess the husband lives in Portland....they are going to give me his address. They want me to find him and baptize him because he's not a member...yet haha.

Last night we had the best lesson of the week. We were teaching a single mother with three sons and her mom. We just talked about the life of Christ and the Apostasy leading up to the Restoration because we didn't have too much time. It went awesome and the Spirit was super strong. The single mom started to pray when we ended, and during her prayer she started crying, afterwards we waited for her to stop a little then we asked how she was feeling. She said that she thought God wasn't listening to her and that He didn't love her anymore, but when we came by we helped her remember that He does love her and that we had answered her prayer. We taught her a little more about the love of God and we will be returning tomorrow to put a baptismal date with her and her family! 

I love you all so much! 

Love Elder Markham

More pictures sent by Elder Togisala's Momma...it was Elder Togisala's birthday!!  And another picture of Garrett dressed as Nephi!




No comments:

Post a Comment