El Salvador

El Salvador

Address:

Elder Garrett Markham
El Salvador San Salvador East Mission
PO Box #3362
San Salvador, El Salvador
Central America

garrett.markham@myldsmail.net

Monday, February 22, 2016

Trials and blessings...and wanting to be a better person.

Hey Family!

Well the week went by so fast I don't even know what to talk about....

The District had really low numbers the past week so we had to think of some stuff to do to raise them. We did something that's called choque de fuerza. We all went to an area that needed the most help and worked there for about 2 hours. It helped so much! They had lots of new investigators and a few new baptism dates. Then I did interchanges with one of them in his area for that day. It was really cool because we went up to the first visit and I started looking at the door and inside the house...then I realized that when I was a district leader here a year ago I had visited them. But they didn't recognize me haha. But hey, we put a baptism date with the wife! Her husband is a member and has been trying to help his wife get baptized. We were able to get a lot more success this week and the Zone Leaders seemed to be pretty happy!

I also did interchanges with another Elder in my area one day and interchanges in my area with the zone leaders another day. We were able to put 8 new baptismal dates this week! The only thing now is to help them with the desire that they have to change. We had a few awesome lessons with our neighbor that's an investigator with our other neighbors that are members hahah. She was so excited to go to church with her family. She was going for SURE! But then on saturday she told us that she had to take her PiƱatas to the city so she couldn't go. It was very sad but she says she will do everything she can to go next week. Shes Ana. The lesson I talked about this last week. 

I am very grateful for the trials that I am going through right now. I hope they help me after the mission to be better. I don't want to return to my old life. And that's why I am so grateful for the mission. It's not easy but the blessings are huge. I love you all so much!

Love Elder Markham

No comments:

Post a Comment