El Salvador

El Salvador

Address:

Elder Garrett Markham
El Salvador San Salvador East Mission
PO Box #3362
San Salvador, El Salvador
Central America

garrett.markham@myldsmail.net

Monday, May 16, 2016

Reaping the blessings of bringing people into the Gospel!

Hey Family!

It was a great weekend with another Stake Conference here in Ilopango.....for the 10th time or so just in this stake hah. There were two Seventy, the Temple President and our Mission President. It was so spiritual. I really learned alot about the small things in the family and the blessings that we receive while we do those small things and go to the Temple. I was also able to see Karen Zepeda and her mom! They once again had a big bag of bread for me. They were sitting down a few rows behind me and on the other side. During the conference they said to raise your hand if the missionaries were the ones that brought them to church. Many people raised their hand. I looked and Karen and her mom and they were both raising their hands but also pointing at me haha. We are also planning our investigators wedding and Karen is going to be the abogada (lawyer) that marries them! It will be awesome! Elder Aguilar, one of the Zone leaders that's in Alta Vista told me that this week we are going to do divisions and that I'll be going to Alta Vista and that the Zepeda Family already invited us over to eat dinner. He told me that they are always asking about me and wondering when I'm going back to Alta Vista for interchanges.

I also saw Orlando again! It was amazing to see him! He is now an Elder in the Priesthood! He was telling me about how his life has just been improving. He told me that just three months or so ago he was finally able to open a bank account and start putting money in there. I was just so happy. I just remember the first day when I met him and he didn't have anything and his relationship with his family was not the best. The Lord has blessed him so much. I am so grateful to be one of the missionaries that got to teach him from the beginning. He also gave me and my companion a stick of gum during the session. He's a giver.

The time is flying by! I love you all and can't wait to hear from you! 
Love Elder Markham

No comments:

Post a Comment