El Salvador

El Salvador

Address:

Elder Garrett Markham
El Salvador San Salvador East Mission
PO Box #3362
San Salvador, El Salvador
Central America

garrett.markham@myldsmail.net

Monday, August 8, 2016

Garrett's Birthday Week, a baptism and portraying Nephi again.

Hey Family!

I completely forgot about my birthday this week until I saw some of your birthday wishes. SO thank you so much!

This weekend was the baptism of Belinda. She's the 11 year old little girl that was going to church in our other ward by herself for a long time. She was so happy to finally get baptized. She had been attending for quite some time now. Her mom and friend went to the baptism. Neither are members but really liked it and want to continue to learn more! 

The sister in our ward that cooks our food, Sister Garcia, and her daughter, Milagro, have their birthdays on the 11th as well. Sounds like they wanted to cook up something awesome! This week we also had our temple trip where we bring our investigators and converts. I was Nephi again. It was cool. We only were able to bring Fernando, Diego and their grandma and a few other members. It was the vacation week and nobody wanted to get up early. haha we had to leave at 7 in the morning. I guess there were about 1600 people that went to the activity. The other mission president showed up because they wanted to try and do it this weekend as well.

It's been pretty hot this week. We had a few rain storms and floods in the streets. It's always fun walking in the night when the streets are flooded and there's lighting strikes close by. I still jump because I'm not used to it yet. There just aren't cool storms like that in western Oregon. Today I'm going with the Zepeda Family to see if I can find some souvenirs! 

I miss you and love you so much!
Love Elder Markham

Garrett and Elder Togisala

No comments:

Post a Comment