El Salvador

El Salvador

Address:

Elder Garrett Markham
El Salvador San Salvador East Mission
PO Box #3362
San Salvador, El Salvador
Central America

garrett.markham@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Garrett's final letter and Testimony from El Salvador!! He's coming home!

Hey Family.

It was another good week here in Apopa. We were able to visit tons of people and see great changes in the lives of many. It's probably what I'll miss most about the mission. There's nothing more rewarding than that! They gave me a few minutes to give a testimony during sacrament meeting. I spoke a bit, then a sister in the ward spoke a bit because she goes on the mission this week.

It's hard to believe that this is the last time I'm writing you guys. I'm super excited to see you all! I think I'm more nervous coming home than when I left for the mission. I love you all so much and can't wait to see you all soon.

I know this is the Lords work. I know that Jesus is the Christ. He did everything for us. He is the way to eternal life. I love Him. I know Joseph Smith restored the true church. I know with out a doubt that this is the only church with priesthood power. I feel so honored to be able to posses this power and be a chosen son of our Heavenly Father. The Book of Mormon is true. All you have to do is read it with real intention and pray and ask God if it's true. I know that I will be with my family once again after this life. I love you all! See you Thursday!

Love Elder Markham

Garrett's friend Aldo (and his sister in law) served him delicious food this week!!  I'm so thankful for the many kind people of El Salvador who have taken care of Garrett while he has been so far away from home!

Garrett and Aldo


Garrett and his companion Elder Nelson from Arizona











Karen Zepeda's Father with Garrett and Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment