El Salvador

El Salvador

Address:

Elder Garrett Markham
El Salvador San Salvador East Mission
PO Box #3362
San Salvador, El Salvador
Central America

garrett.markham@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

One of the Best Weeks in a Long Time!

Hello everyone!

This week was one of the best weeks in a long time! First, on Tuesday, we went to the Temple! We got there super early and there were a few kids that had brought family names to do the baptisms for and also confirmations. But for some reason there weren't any adults to help with the priesthood parts so I got to help out! I did a bunch of confirmations and it was just a great experience. Then we did our regular session. Then on Wednesday we had a leader meeting with President and he taught us a bunch of stuff. The thing I liked most was when he talked about Genesis chapter 49 when Jacob blesses his sons. And also Ezekiel about the sticks of Joseph and Judah. He taught us how we relate this to the Book of Mormon and a bunch of other things. It's a bit extensive but maybe you guys can do a little bit more research haha. Then this Sunday we had our stake conference! It was awesome because I saw everyone from Alta Vista! So the Zepeda sisters say I'm changing in many ways. They said my Spanish is great, I'm losing weight and getting taller....I don't think I'm losing weight or getting taller haha. Then they gave me another huge bag of sweet bread....how was it possible when I saw them walk in the building without anything? I'm not really sure....maybe they just made it in the back of the gym or something. Then I saw Antonio. He was the 19 year old who had a few problems with drugs and his family and was very sad. But now he is doing great and he freaked out when he saw me haha. He was soooo happy and I was sooo happy too. Then I met up with Orlando. He's getting married and baptized this Saturday! It's insane! Everyone is doing great there. I hope everyone at home is doing great. I love and miss you all!

Love Elder Markham

No comments:

Post a Comment