El Salvador

El Salvador

Address:

Elder Garrett Markham
El Salvador San Salvador East Mission
PO Box #3362
San Salvador, El Salvador
Central America

garrett.markham@myldsmail.net

Monday, January 26, 2015

Cow Foot Soup

Hey Family!

So I don't have a ton of time but I finally got another letter! The one that you sent with the newspaper clipping! Here's a funny story real quick...but before let me give you a background story. So for lunch we eat at a members house that doesn't have much. That's why we pay them to cook for us and stuff. But anyway, we eat a lot of soup and stuff which is really good. And every once in a while she puts pieces of meat in there and just remember it's not super expensive meat so sometimes I've always wondered what part of the cow I'm eating haha but have never had the courage to ask. So one time I found myself gnawing on a weird piece of meat that looked kind of like a hoof...hmmm...

So yesterday an investigator invited us over for...yep....what they like to call cow foot soup. They cook a soup that usually has the foot in it but sometimes it's the stomach or other part like that but yesterday we ate the foot. It was a little bit more prepared so it was easier to eat and it wasn't quite the hoof. But I liked it! It was also really fatty and came right off the bone! Super rico! I've eaten some interesting things here and there are times where I just have to keep my head up and not look at what I'm eating or just tell myself it's not that bad or that it's just a regular something else haha. I miss and love you all!

Love Elder Markham

No comments:

Post a Comment